Tuesday 14 July 2015

Voyage (Osiris, 1984)

We all know progressive rock is full of surprises, and we also know it's a worldwide spread movement. Even so, a neo.prog band from Bahrain isn't a common subject in prog fandom's chats. Osiris were born in the late '70s and released three studio albums in the first part of their career, between 1981 and 1990. They came back in 2007, but that's a different story. This "Voyage" is a captivating track from their "Myths And Legends" album.

"Myths And Legends" was the second studio work by Osiris.

The main influence here (and not only here) is Camel and surely Mohamed Al-Sadeqi's melodic and dreamy electric guitar is the prominent feature of this instrumental track. The other musicians are also good, and I'll just mention here keyboardist Abdul Razak-Aryan. I like the way the band depict a wide open landscape. Their music is simple and likely some keyboard effects are a little dated today, still I perceive a genuine emotion in "Voyage" and emotions actually are all I'm looking for when I listen to music. Let alone when I listen to prog...

No comments:

Post a Comment