Friday 5 June 2015

Vulcano (Index, 2004)

Do you like vintage sounds and dynamic prog instrumentals? If you do, here you are the opening track of the album "Identitade". This is by an excellent Brazilian band called Index and actually this music brings me back to the good ol' prog days. Nonetheless, there are many original touches in "Vulcano" I'd like to stress here. 

With "Identitade", Index released their third studio work.

The symphonic parts are cleverly mixed with some jazzy influences and in the melodic sections it seems to me like Genesis met Camel somehow, somewhere. These four musicians are excellent: the guitar and keyboard solos can't hide the puzzling rythm section work. No time for useless embroideries: all passages, even the richest ones, are aimed to a coherent and enjoyable plot, an exciting and never self-indulgent architecture. Try it, my prog friends, I'm sure you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment