Tuesday 4 November 2014

E mi viene da pensare (Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, 1979)

This is a short song, but surely one of the most moving ones I came across during my listener's career. Taken from the album "Canto di Primavera" - an underrated one, IMHO - it's a slow tempo ballad based on a delicate and deep parallel between creativity and Spring. Such a song proves how a prog song can be plain and effective, sensitive and essential. 

 "Canto di Primavera" was the eigth Banco's studio album.

Of course, there is a beautiful instrumental section and the whole arrangement is elegant and neat, but the strongest point in this track is no doubt the melody - so airy and original - along with the vocal performance. The lyrics are also a jewel: "And I happen to think about the enthusiam grown along the road, it was almost a duty to show all my cards and I felt as smart as an idea you can't stop...". Smart, yes, that's the right word!

No comments:

Post a Comment